Sunday, May 23, 2010

Home Plumbing Resources

Continuing in this week's series on plumbing information, I found several quality articles that I thought would be worthy to share with all of my readers. Let's start with an article from a cool site called Home and Garden Wisdom. The article is entitled Hiring the RIght Plumber or Plumbing Company. As you might guess, the article gives consumer tips on what to look for and how to screen plumbers in your area. Some of the information you may have seen presented on this blog or others but it never hurts to get a refresher on important topics like this. It's a great read and its not too long so it shouldn't take too much of your time to check it out.
Another similar article I found was on a site called A - Z Home Centers. This site also gives lots of cool home improvement information just like you see here. The article on their site was called How to Research a Plumber. This has some great complimentary information that I think goes well with the information presented on Home and Garden Wisdom. You all can check it out and let me know what you think.
In addition to these resources, I'd like you to check out a post on Home Columns called Surviving a Plumbing Disaster. Now in the event that you do have a major issue with a sewer line, septic tank, or other waste water problem, you will want to have a clear game plan on how you are going to deal with the issue. As you have heard me say many times before an ounce of prevention/preparation can make all the difference in the world. As always, avoid panicking or acting in a hasty manner. Of course depending on the nature of your problem you may or may not have the luxury of time on your hands so don't exacerbate the situation by making a bad series of rash decisions at just the wrong time.
Now that we've discussed some potentially costly items, lets look at things that can be handled independently by most anyone. Remember that taking the time to learn how to do a simple task on your own might not necessarily be the most exciting or fun usage of your time but it could be a huge benefit for you down the road in terms of saving you money. Now I'd like to share with you some information from a site called House to Home Guide. Now I am pretty fond of this site and you can see that I have listed them on the right as one of my recommended Home Improvement Resources. In one particular post I read called Basic Plumbing Tips: Drain Screens, they go over some very valuable information about the importance of using drain screens in all of your indoor drains. You would be absolutely shocked at how many people just remove the screens for one reason or another. Not having a screen is a sure fire way to ensure that your drain will become clogged sooner rather than later.
OK well that's all for today folks, I want to thank you again for reading my site and I look forward to interacting with all of you in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment