Tuesday, February 23, 2010

HVAC Ductwork

Howdy readers! I found some great information that I just had to share when I was checking out one of my buddy's recent posts. The information is on ductwork. Now I recently did some renovations to my home's heating and air system so this topic was fresh in my mind. We installed a geo-thermal heat pump and let me tell you I am very excited about my home going green! We also upgraded the insulation and looked at various ways to improve the energy efficiency of our home as a whole. Thankfully our ductwork didn't have any leaks and was well insulated so it didn't require much updating. However, for many older homes faulty ductwork can be a big drain on the heating and cooling system. If you haven't had your air ducts cleaned recently then I would highly recommend doing so. Just be careful and make sure that you hire a reputable company, otherwise you could end up with a bigger problem. The last thing you want is some makeshift duct cleaning machine punching holes in your ductwork so that you require an even larger expense. If you want a great resource on how to care for your ducts check out this page: Proper Ductwork Maintenance . This is one of the best information sources on the topic that I have ever found. It is by one of the hubpages author's that I have mentioned before; she writes lots of good stuff. OK folks that's it for today, check out those links and learn some great information.

No comments:

Post a Comment